Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bitten by the bookbinding bug

I bought a huge stack of cardstock recently 'cos it was on sale. I think there are more than 30 shades of green, blue, purples and browns with textures that are acid-free and meant for scrapbooking. I'm not into scrapbooking (as yet) so I was wondering what to with these cards till I came up with this.
Single signature saddle-stitched onto half a cardstock using coordinating thread. The white papers are from sustainable forests but I'm not sure about the green.
DD sewed the 2 darker ones together. She likes to come watch me bind and sometimes folds the papers. I don't let her handle the penknife though 'cos I keep it really sharp to be able to cut straight edges.
Have a blessed day!
ps: Yup, I did say I would go sew and I was yesterday...more pics on sewn stuff soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...