Thursday, July 14, 2011

Being objective

DS has certain views that I don't quite agree with. The print of this cover is one of them. DS thinks it's the nicest one I have but I beg to differ. Perhaps it's a guy thing?
Since this is the first print that he likes out of the 7 I currently have, I decided to make him a hardcover notebook. Meant for him to take notes during class but he said he'll use fullscap. Don't want to spoil it, he said.
A note about this, one major factor in this bookmaking thing is not about killing trees. It's about appreciating what we already have. I've seen too many notebooks slightly used and discarded. I hope that with each book I make, the owner will use it from cover to cover.
Hardcover handbound A6 notebook with plain pages made from sustainable forests. Single needle coptic binding exposed on the spine using thread that matches the fly leaves and cover. DS' choice of starfish print on the cover. Five signatures with 7 folios giving total of 140 pages.
Have a blessed day!
ps: do you like Lego? We do. That's why there's so much Lego everywhere at home....LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...