Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chainmaille

I chanced upon chainmaille jewelry few weeks back. Jump rings linked together in certain patterns to create chains or pendants. I bought some jump rings for the bookmarks few days back and decided to try this out. The 'normal' gauge for such is usually thicker than what I had on hand but for a trial run, it was OK. I tried 2 types before my hand started aching from twisting the rings shut or pinching them to hold them in place before placing the next ring. I prefer the Byzantine one more than the double ring one. Maybe if there was more colour or different sizes, the double ring one would be nicer. I used the gunmetal rings instead of the antique bronze. At a glance, it may seem to be tarnished but when the light hits it at the right angle, it's a really pretty colour :-)

Afternote: made the Byzantine into a bracelet.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...