Monday, January 16, 2012

Strips of joy

I don't usually buy jelly rolls, those 2.5" or 6cm wide strips of coordinating fabric, but I chanced upon this one and the colours are so pretty. I wouldn't have thought that yellow, pinks, green and browns would come together like this but they did. I made a tote which I passed to my mum and a pouch. Am keeping this pouch for now till I make another so this one will go to mum 'cos it matches her bag.

I'm planning a quilt. I'm winging it as I go anyway. Was contemplating doing a log cabin 'cos the fabric's already in strips but thought I'd try something different and I'm so liking the result though DD will probably claim it :-)

Have a blessed day!

ps: I got this at a bargain at Spotlight. Grab it now while stocks last. There are 50 strips in 6 designs. Each set of 6 can make at least 4 squares so you'll end up with at least 32 for the jelly roll. A baby quilt probably need 4 squares by 5 and the rest can be used for the backing. I'm thinking 6 x 7 squares for adult size so hmmm, are there anymore at Spotlight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...