Friday, January 27, 2012

Green velcro

Sometimes I think too much before sewing. I'm walking along the road and suddenly someone's bag catches my eye or I recall something I saw on the web and I start trying to figure out how I would construct it. I would think of the fabrics I have, how to cut/sew it, what sort of hardware, how would I differentiate it etc. I think a lot about closures too. There are magnets, velcro, snaps, drawstrings etc.

We boarded the lift last Friday with my friend's neighbour who was carrying a clutch. I liked his clutch immediately for it's simplicity. It had a black body and black/white striped flap. How difficult would that be, I thought, and embarked on this version.
This is DD's new clutch for school. I realised only today that I forgot (or she didn't request for) a D-ring at the side to hang cutesy stuff. I can't remember what fabrics these are but I've used them for what DS calls the T-shirt with no arms wardrobe organiser. Anyway, while I cut the fabric in preparation, DD suggested I use the green velcro salvaged from previous year's NDP bag. I quilted the front and back and added a pocket.
Another green item. DD requested for the keying on a chain for this pouch. It's the usual pouch that I've made so far just with the chain sewn to the lining. To use the keys, just unzip the pouch and tip the keys out.

Have a blessed afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...