Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hmm, is this it?

Once in a while I get rather precise requirements for a customized item. Choosing the exterior fabric's fine with me, even the lining too. The design is fine with me too, provided I can make it. It's the dimensions that I have a concern with. Thing is, I sew on a wing and prayer. If you've been reading my blog, you'd have realized that I only have two templates for the stuff I sew. Two cardboard templates that I use to trace out the fabric before cutting. All others are by mathematical calculations and estimations. I do thank God that I have very understanding customers!

So, what I'm trying to disclaim is this. While I'll try hard to achieve what you desire, I'd err on the side of caution and make it a bit larger. There are dependencies on the materials, sometimes, that some fabrics have more 'give' than others or extra padding/interfacing is needed etc. 

This was a drawstring tote for a customer's instamax camera. This camera's all the rage now with it's Polaroid-like features. I hope it fits 'cos I tried to follow the dimensions requested for. I don't know 'cos I don't have an instamax camera and anyway, I've already mailed this out. Dear customer, maybe you can send me a pic and I can put it in the gallery? *grin*
Oh, I wonder if you've realised that it's reversible...LOL!

Have a blessed evening!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...