Friday, January 20, 2012

New life

I've lots of scraps lying around at home, be it yarn or fabric or beads and such. I think I've more than a oven-sized box full of fabric scraps that I decided that 'one day' I'll sift through. One day :-)
Until then, I found these fabric scraps and yarn. I can't remember what I used the variegated one for but the pale blue one was a gift from a church friend. The beads, err, can't remember. 
Made a coaster from 4 square linen scraps. The patterned one was leftover from the curved handles of the reversible tote. I had a hard time poking the crochet needle through until I starting using the awl. Was still difficult to pull through though. I remember I made a handkerchief when I was in Primary 4. Yup, way back :-) 
Another scrunchie. Super big one that I'm not using. It's with Hilly, DD's hippo. Round it's big mouth. LOL! It's so large partially 'cos I wanted to finish using a small amount of gift yarn. Found these beads and they go really well together. I wasn't sure if the yarn would thread through but it was OK. Just used a needle and thread and voila! Should have threaded more though 'cos I ended up with half a scrunchie with beads and half without. LOL!

One day I'll go sift through the other scraps and give them new lives. One day ...

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...