Saturday, January 29, 2011

Recipe: Olive rice

I've not cooked olive rice before but I've eaten my friend's version many times and it's something I don't mind eating everyday for a week. It's a very simple recipe but you may need some effort in finding the olive. This is the salted olive that you'll have to buy from provision shops. Look for those with chinese wordings on the bottle label that say 'salted olive'. I forgot to see the brand that my friend uses but I'll let you know. It's a glass bottle with an orange cap and label.

For each cup of cooked rice, you'll need
  • 7 salted olives cut to tiny bits
  • 4 cloves of garlic cut to tiny bits
  • half teaspoon of sugar
  • minced meat (amount of your choice)
Lightly fry the garlic till the fragrance just starts but the garlic's not turning brown yet. Add the minced meat and then the salted olives. Add the sugar and last of all, add the rice.
Enjoy!

Look what another friend sent me! Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...