Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cornered

Have you ever seen the corner of a tablecloth? Is it mitred or is it just folded over?
I spent a wet day indoors working on 16 mitred corners. Mitred means there's a line at the 45 degree angle at the corner where both sides meet. I like mitred corners for their neatness and they look more appealing than normal foldover 90 degree corners. Anyway, yup, I know, who'll see the corners when the tablecloth's on the table?
I thought of this while making this so I'm sharing with you, from Matthew 6:
1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
   2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...