Friday, January 28, 2011

Heavy duty

The thing about buying online is that I have to rely on descriptions. Even then, sometimes I don't know what's the difference between 4oz and 7oz batting, or light-weight and medium-weight webbing, or what it means by 'waterproof'.
Anyway, I bought this medium weight cotton webbing and 4oz batting and decided to sew a tote to test what it's really like and this is what I got:
Yuwa (yup yup!) cotton linen interior and exterior (yup, reversible!) of the same print but of 2 complimentary colours with 4oz interfacing (batting) between and medium weight webbing. I reinforced the straps with 5 passes and then put a 5kg bag of rice inside to test. IMHO, the seams seem ok :-)
I think this is ok for a bag that's 'structured' but not for those, eg. drawstring backpacks, where you need a bit more give in the material else it'll look terrible where it's bunched up, or not have it at all, like in the reversible lunch bags.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...