Friday, February 8, 2013

Spring is almost here!

Blessed Chinese New Year!
The first flower has bloomed after a long break. After clearing the weeds and loosening up 
the soil and watering more regularly, the plant's responding :-) There are a few more buds on the way too. The first time it bloomed was a few years ago and it bloomed 40+ flowers at one go. The living room was filled with natural air freshener. Intoxicatingly sweet if you went nearer the plant. Very nice!

Otherwise, I've made some items. Didn't get around to taking pics but this is one of them. I started out with a cotton/linen patch with this pink as the back but it became another pouch altogether, different from what I had in mind earlier. Managed to find some rather wide lace (about 2 inches) so I can use that as the divider and the cards won't drop out. I'll need to practise sewing faster though 'cos I plan to make more pouches with the bound sides :-)

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...