Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pepero Day : 11 November

Does the current K-wave have an influence on your Valentine's day?
*grin*
Found out about this from my brother-in-law who had several boxes of these. I asked if I could have the boxes thinking that I would mark the foil-packed stick biscuit inside with the correct flavour. I was thinking of Glico Pocky. But the packaging inside is so pretty! It's still a tear-open pack but in the colour of the box's main colour and properly labeled with the flavour. I've yet to have a bite but I'm liking it already!
Not waiting for 11 November.

Pepero Day is an observance in South Korea similar to Valentine's Day. It is named after the Korean snack Pepero and held on November 11, since the date "11/11" resembles four sticks of Pepero. The holiday is observed mostly by young people and couples, who exchange Pepero sticks, other candies, and romantic gifts. Lotte denies starting the holiday and instead states that they noticed a bump in Pepero sales around November 11 and after continued popularity they decided to then encourage the holiday with special gift boxes and other promotions.
~ source: wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...