Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Zippity do dah!

I had two different requests for zippered pencil cases. While both have 10 zips each, the bottom one is much larger 'cos of the method of sewing.
Top - seams sewn from the inside 'horizontally'. This results in a smaller pencil case because of the puffiness and seams.
Bottom - seams sewn in zigzag stitch from the top. This results in a larger pencil case. I attempted to match the thread colour to the zip so I ended up having to change the thread and bobbin often.
The seams are the easy part. The toughest part of this is binding up the seam where all the zips come together. You can't see it from here but I've not done it yet for these two. I just wanted to get the pic out first, LOL!

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...