Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bling on the invaders!

This is my 2nd attempt at sewing with faux leather. I've yet to post a pic of the first item I made and if I get good lighting, I might. It has space invaders on it as well.
I made the pouch in a jiffy 'cos it's unlined. It took me more than an hour to stick the bling on. I've never played space invaders so I didn't know they flap their hands or move or change colours. I didn't know about the canons or shields. No worries that google couldn't fix 'cos I found some patterns online and winged the rest with input from DS. This is his after all.
The first time I tried to stick the bling on canvas with fabric glue, I made a big mess. After I popped it into the washing machine for a test to see if the bits really stuck, well, that was a mess too. I should have put it in a pillow case or something 'cos I had to pick out the bits that fell off. Canvas is a large weave, compared to faux leather. This time I used less glue and waited for more tackiness in the glue before sticking it.
I looped a Mobius flower unto the zipper pull too. Somehow, I find YKK zippers a tad small and inconvenient.
I wonder if I should bling DS' name onto this as well.

Have a blessed day!

ps: I didn't edit this picture so you can see the abuse the faux leather went through yet only 1 bling fell off, or perhaps it was the space invader that shot it off? LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...