Sunday, August 26, 2012

I only quilt in straight lines

I seem to be quilting more these days. These are thinner than honey bun strips. I cut the jelly roll ones that I had and just started sewing them together. DD asked me what I was going to make and I didn't think of anything in particular and therein lies the problem. How long should these strips be? If I were making a book cover, it'd be one of the standards sizes ... A5, A6 etc. Or a pouch would be limited by the zip length, or perhaps not. Card cases would depend on the size of cards. You get the idea.
I just pieced them and quilted.
Then I found the key organizer. The metal thingy with the 6 loops for attaching keys?
Key pouch it was then. I wanted to add a bit of colour so that's why there's a coin pouch. It's too slim for cards but good enough to stuff folded up notes. 
Finally DD has a bag to replace her usual for church. It's the middle one. The one on the right was supposed to be it but it was too small for her bible and other stuff. She brought it today and her friend asked her if I made it. Turns out, of all the times that someone asked her about the stuff that DD has, there's only one item that they asked her where she bought it. Most of the time they asked if I made it. I was joking with DD whether I should have a label 'My Mother Made This' or M3T.
I'm glad she used it today :-)

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...