Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cheering up DD

DD's ill. Fever of 38.6, taken at the clinic this morning. It's 2 days to the PSLE oral and I decided to cheer her up by making this sling bag. I gave her a choice, sling bag or pouch. She chose sling bag. I decided that since she's into clutches, I'd make a clutch with a detachable strap so she can use it either as a sling bag or a clutch. She chose the strap too. I didn't have the antique bronze parts for a matching sling but I had 2 readymade straps. The other one that she didn't choose has a brown webbing. Well, her preference.
She hasn't attached the bear zipper pull yet 'cos of the drowsy meds. That's for the zippered pocket inside (back). The other side inside has a panel of 5 pockets. There's another huge one just under the flap.
Oh, and I like this flap :-)
2 reasons - it's the first time I'm using this lock closure and also 'cos it's quilted and shaped like an envelope flap. Maybe I'll make more of these :-)

Materials : denim (exterior), oxford cotton (interior)

Have a blessed day!

Afternote: DD's fever broke after her long nap in the afternoon. Thanks for your prayers :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...