Monday, July 23, 2012

Down with the flu bug

The flu bug's been around recently with the wetter weather here. Thankfully, this time I didn't get teary eyes so I could make these while stuck recuperating at home. 
Nothing like some really cheerful colours and bling to brighten my weekend :-)
Made this specially for DD out of shell beads and 20 gauge 5mm rhodium-plated rings woven using the shaggy loops weave. Making this has reminded me that DD's wrist is larger than mine. Hmmm. 
I like the bright colours and the shimmery way they catch the light when you move your wrist :-) 
Toggle has longer bar to keep it secure even with excessive jingling and jangling. 
This picture doesn't do justice to these beads. I really need to learn how to use my camera better. Can you tell the difference between the 3?
Each of these 3 shaggy loops bracelet has about 400 Toho 8/0 seed beads. Two on each ring, 4 rings on each link. For the fun of it, I made one with all frosted beads (top), one with all bling beads (bottom) and one with half each (middle). DS and DD like the frosted one most. I can't decide how much bling yet, for me. The rings are the 5mm silver-tone ones so those have a bit of shine already. 
Oh, the ends are not shown here but they're the extension chain with the 4-ring Mobius flower :-)

Bling it on, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...