Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tutorial : Round bottom crochet tote

I completed this at the NUS bazaar yesterday, in between sales. Made from Lion Cotton that I found at home that I cannot remember when I bought. I thought I'd share how to make this with you 'cos I've had some queries but the thing is, I don't have a pattern. I crochet on the go so if you have any doubts about this pattern, send me an email and I'll try to paraphrase. The assumption is that you know the basics of crochet. Else, I suggest you pick up some books from the library like how I learnt or watch youtube :-)

ch - chain stitch
sc - single crochet
hdc - half double crochet
dc - double crochet

Summary : This base is 10 concentric circles followed by a sc and then hdc's till the desired height is achieved and then the rounded handles are made.

Base
Round 1: Make a loop, 2ch then 15dc. Pull loop to close gap. Total 16 stitches.
Round 2 : 2ch, 2dc into next hole, (1 dc then 2dc)*repeat till end. Total 24 stitches.
Round 3 : 2ch, dc, 2dc into next hole, (2dc then 2dc)*repeat till end. You'll realise that you've been increasing stitches above the previous row's increased stitch. Continue like this till Round 10.

Side
Sc then hdc till desired height is achieved.

Handles
Turn work to back and sc 9 sts back and forth for 4 rows. On 5th row, instead of flipping work, join other side to make a round and continue like this till desired length of handle achieved. Turn work over and sc back and forth for 4 rows and sc onto the side of the tote. Sc along the rim till location of next handle and repeat. Cut yarn and weave in.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...