Saturday, February 4, 2012

Unravel this

I've had this yarn for years. It's finer than my usual yarn of 6/8 ply on size 4 needles. This is like, 4 ply, like a sock yarn but without the elasticity though I guess ribbing would help with that. I tried to knit something out of it 2 skeins at a time, doubled up, thinking that it'd be ok. Wasn't, so I unravelled everything and wound them into a single tight ball.

A thing about 2 about yarn, they have this twist about them. Two twists, rather. One within the ply and the other to hold the plies together. It's because of these twists that I had a hard time unraveling the yarn, splitting the one ball into 2 and then winding each up individually, while untwisting both yarns at the same time. And I had 2 balls.

So, with some Korean drama to take the boredom out, I finally split them into 4, soaked them in a bit of water and soap and voila! Good as new :-) Now I just have to wait for the sun to come out again and dry them thoroughly before I can finish the 2nd half of the throw.

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...