Saturday, May 14, 2011

United nations

Before I go fabric shopping again, I decided to do a quick stock take of what fabrics I have on hand. I buy in bulk to get the deep discounts but this has led to a huge mess inventory of odd-shaped pieces of fabric. I didn't know how much fabric I had but I decided to make a flat patchwork tote out of unique squares (4.5cm x 4.5cm).
112 squares later I decided to stop even though I have more fabric still that I didn't cut squares from. LOL! Fabrics were from Japan, Korea, US, Australia and I don't know where. Used the final gifted cotton webbing for this tote. Plain for the patchwork and printed cherries for the linen / cherry side. Included a patch pocket from cherry fabric as well as a cut-out zip compartment which has a pocket inside as well as a pen slip. DD chose the bear zipper pull. It's cute and double-sided so you get the bear front on both sides. And it's solid metal so it's heavier than usual.
Have a blessed day!

ps: I wonder how much fabric I really have...hmmmm.....
pps: sorry for the washed out look. Don't know why the pics are like that, maybe 'cos of the hazy overcast sky? The colours are much richer than they look :-)
ppps: I just realised that I put the same patchwork side in the pic though I took both sides. LOL! Maybe I'll retake and give you richer colours, ah?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...