Friday, May 6, 2011

Sneaks: Knitted throw

I've been focussing more attention on the pics lately and I hope you like the results. Took these today and which do you prefer?
TOP: taken with flash
MIDDLE: taken without flash
BOTTOM: taken without flash but using a macro studio
This is a work in progress using yarn that mum found and claimed it belongs to me. I didn't like it at first 'cos the label had synthetic fibres. I'm not a fan of synthetic fibres but after knitting rows and rows of these, the throw seems quite bouncy and squishy and I like it!
I've been knitting garter stitch throws on the bias recently 'cos to me, it's the fastest way to use up my yarn stash.

Pattern:
This is a rectangle and knitted on the bias (diagonally) in 3 sections.
A. Knitting the corner
Cast on 2 stitches, knit next row and increase 1 stitch at the end.
Repeat till happy with length of 1 side.
B. Knitting the body
Knit next row and decrease 1 stitch at the end.
Knit next row and increase 1 stitch at the end.
C. Knitting the end
Knit next row and decrease 1 stitch at the end.
Repeat till 1 stitch left and cast off.
You can add a fringe at this point.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...