Wednesday, April 27, 2011

One long yarn

At my age, I find it difficult at times to handsew at night. I prefer the brightnes of the day for more delicate (and neater) sewing. I can, however, crochet at night. While I can knit by touch for a few stitches, I can't crochet by touch. Odd, considering I started crochet before knitting.
Anyway, I like crochet for it's 'stiffness' in that it gives more structure to the finished item. I also like it for it's 'give' when it's an airy pattern, like my grocery bag which expands to hold  as many items. I've carried a 5kg bag before, 2 2-litre bottles of milk, eggs, veg... but not all at the same time.
Sneek preview of what's on my crochet needle now. Simple totes made from 1 continuous multi-ply denim yarn off the cone. One long line means no knots anywhere since I weave in the start and the end. I'm thinking leather strips for the handles for the zakka/minimalist look. I'm also thinking of lining them with blue gingham checks so that I can have pockets.
What do you think?
Have a blessed day!
Afternote:
What do you think? Would it look nice as a pencil case or I should continue and make it into a mini tote?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...