Wednesday, November 17, 2010

DD's New Journal

Made this for DD for her plain paper notebook that she's going to use for her journal. BTW, you can get really cheap notebooks at a bookshop in BBC (ground floor near Allson Hotel side). We paid 125 cents for 3 of these A6 notebooks (without lines so DD can draw).
Super combed cotton exterior (Wrap It Up! range) and cotton interior (Which you can't see 'cos it's covered by the book). 2 metal snaps keep pages dog-ear free.
If I make another (and I will... soon), I'll make the following changes:
  • use a thinner interfacing. I used the thicker one which I used for the pencil cases (so that the pencil cases can stand) but while it's fun to hold since it's super smooth and soft, the snaps took a tad more effort to align and secure. Also, there's this part near the inside snap that puffs up. Thinner interfacing next time!
  • include pockets. I was considering this since DD likes to collect cards and she can then slot them here on the inside of the book cover but since this is a prototype, I decided to go without. Card slots on the inside cover and maybe another zipped / snapped pocket on the outside.
  • include pen pocket. This seems sensible but I didn't include. :-(
  • experiment with triangle flap rather than rectangle.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...