Friday, April 27, 2012

Explorations

Sometimes I experiment and end up with stuff that I didn't think of making in the first place. Some turn out just great while some have been ripped apart or have long been discarded in the recycling bag.

I was playing with some jelly roll strips and decided to half them lengthwise and piece them together. Smaller pieces would be more fun, no? First was 6 thinner strips that were pieced together and then the whole thing was cut in half, flipped and sewn together. I did this twice more and ended up with the exterior of this. I decided to try out my new linen bias and thus needed a back so I used the other half of the thinner strips. I thought of finding a zip that would go round 3 sides but found this one instead. Two sides would be OK too, I guess. About this time, I realised that it was too narrow for a coin pouch. So I went to find a key ring with a chain and voila, a key pouch.

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...