Monday, October 3, 2011

A-frogging we will go

frog (3Oct2011)

Do you remember the sneak peak a couple weeks back? I was knitting this Cascade yarn that I found on the bias.

The thing about knitting on the bias is that it’s difficult to estimate the size based on the amount of material at hand. My aim was to finish all the yarn, not just knit a throw. Long before I knitted 7 skeins, I was already uncomfortable with the size. It was more like a wrap than a throw, meaning it was much longer and narrower than intended. After deliberating for more than a week, I decided to frog it this morning.

I got this tip of the internet and it has served me well, when straightening frogged yarn : Get a basin of water, add some laundry softener/hair conditioner and soak the frogged yarns for a minute or so. Before you soak, please do wind it up and secure it so there won’t be a tangled mess. You could hang a weight to help with the straightening while hanging it up to dry but I don’t do this. I prefer the yarn to retain its natural elasticity (and thus it’s softness), if possible.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...