Friday, August 12, 2011

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

After sewing for a few days I decided to take a break and make a book. This time, I thought I'd combine both sewing and bookbinding and voila!
I made the cover first, out of linen. Patterned patchwork and plain oatmeal. I machine-stitched some of the patterns and some hexagons to bring out the print. Interfaced with 7oz batting so that the cover is sturdy. As for stitching the paper to the cover, I decided to use the criss-cross longstitch, deliberately sewn using contrasting thread. This book can open flat and that's why I put the stud on the flap so that there won't be a bump when you're writing on even pages. I was deciding between a ribbon tie or metals snaps for closure and snaps won.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...