Thursday, August 25, 2011

Go green!

I used to cut selvedge and throw them away. Then, I thought they interfered with the hand of the fabric. Hand, as in the floppiness. Selvedges are stiffer than the main body and have a different print or are white. I can't remember when I started collecting them. I have about 2 shoeboxes full now. Precious commodities, these are. A whole yard of fabric only yields 2 yards of selvedges and sometimes only 1 side has the colour windows. I think the most colour windows I have for a fabric is 21. Will show you someday, if I can find it. From Yuwa, I think?
That was the before. The selvedges that DD picked out. Green ones, of course. More than what I had in mind, but it's ok. Maybe one day I'll sort my selvedge stash. Not now.
 Sewed the strips onto calico based on DD's arrangement. Lining was chosen by her. Ditto the metal snaps. There are 6 signatures this time for 2 reasons; firstly 'cos this is a larger cover compared to the earlier notebook and 'cos DD journals a lot. Just checked that there isn't enough slack for 2 more signatures. These were sewn using criss-cross longstitch so the signatures must be paired.
DS says it's too thick. I don't think so. I like it like that. DD too. What about you?
Have a blessed day!
Afternote: 
Made another one in pink with four signatures.
After the afternote: Made yet another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...