Monday, June 20, 2011

Taking a longer break than expected

Back from a brief but enjoyable holiday and wanted to sew, only to discover that my sewing machine which has 3 speeds only wants to move at either the slowest or middle speed. It simply refused to accelerate. Wonder if it had anything to do with my commenting to kids that I saw a GSS promotion of another Brother sewing machine on offer.
BROTHER NV10
mine
NEW MODEL BROTHER DS-140
GSS promotion
I'm wondering whether to bring it in for servicing or just leave it. It's less than a year old :-( Otherwise, this is the nicest machine I've ever owned.
ps: if you're interested in the GSS promotion, send me a mail and I'll let you know where to get it. Offer only valid in June 2011.

Afternote:
I carted this all the way to the shop and explained the problem. The lady there, very helpful one I might add, remarked that she had never encountered such symptoms before and proceeded to power it up. Lo and behold, it worked fine. Thank God :-)
Somehow, between the 3 of us, we manage to cart home on public transport, the sewing machine, a 5+kg salmon, 1 chicken, library books and many smaller items. ROFL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...