Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I need a needle awl!

This series of notebooks have 4 signatures with 6 sheets of 80gsm plain paper (100% wheat from natural source) and 1 printed pattern sheet. Covers are 240gsm metallic cards. I need to make 16 of these and have only done 3. What started as fun is wearing me down 'cos I don't have a needle awl :-(
Let me explain.
1 signature of these notebooks have 7 holes along the spine. 4 signatures and 2 covers means a total of (4 + 2) x 7 or 42 holes I have to poke thru either 7 70/80gsm papers or 240gsm cards. Multiply that by 16 books and there will be 42 x 16 or 672 holes. Thank God I started earlier 'cos my thumb is hurting from pushing the needle through. A cradle to hold the signatures would help too :-)
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...