Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Going camping

My time, we didn't have many camps when in primary school. I think there was only one and it was in school. I can't remember much, only that we slept on the floor in the hall.... or was that in secondary school? Memory's really fuzzy that far back.
Anyway, DS and DD have so many camps, in church, schools or parks. Each time, they'll have a packing list for the stuff to bring. While I've made pouches and drawstring bags to put their stuff neatly, it didn't dawn on me till DD's recent camp that they could do with a larger backpack to put all these stuff in vs lugging a sleeping bag and 2 other bags around.
Made this from heavyweight splash-proof material bought from the market at $3/yd. Where do you get such a good deal these days? Made a smaller backpack years ago for DS who didn't like it at first then used it so much that I made another larger one. This is the largest bag I've ever made. Used up almost all of the balace of this fabric. Lined it with calico for contrast and for lighter weight. This bag is heavy when empty :-(
Reinforced all stress points for the heavier load and added small details like lined smalled pockets in the zip compartment in front.
I forgot to add D-rings :-( Oh well...
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...