Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mothers' Day!

DS, DD and I had a fun morning making these out of perler beads. It's been a while since we bought this huge bottle of beads from IKEA (do they still sell these?) T'was well over 6 years ago for sure but the beads are still fine. Simple iron over wax paper to melt the beads and voila!
Mum likes purple, Sis likes blue and I like yellow.

Have a blessed weekend!

Postscript...
I think I got this crafting love from Mum. I remember Mum cutting up those huge calendars into isoceles triangles that we'd roll up using toothpicks into paper beads. There was also the time when Mum brought home a huge roll of paper and we cut it up and made books out of them with calendar covers. I was younger than 10 then. I also remember the time when Mum taught me how to sew the sleeve of my first dress. I'm not into clothes, not for now anyway. I've only made 2 dresses, I think.

*grin*

Afternote, DS finally made his space invader but since there's only 1 invader, I took it with the rest of the gang.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...