Friday, November 11, 2011

Christmas mood

tree (11Nov2011)

I like Christmas. It’s a time for family and friends, fun and laughter, lots of food. It’s a time to reflect on the year, to be thankful for everything that has happened. It’s also a time to prepare for the new year.

DD’s looking forward to honey baked ham. I think we’ll have glazed honey pork ribs too. DS would prefer the ribs. I used to like roast beef but it wasn’t easy getting the meat just right.

Maybe we’ll catch the lights at Orchard road this year on the front seat of a double deck, like we planned for years. We’ll go kettling, for sure. DS’ looking forward to the free flow sugared and carbonated drinks with his hot dog.

Made this on a whim. It’s pretty simple and you can make it too. Have fun!

Sew 2 triangles with interfacing on the inside. I used the thickest interfacing I had so this is sturdy and can stand on its own. Place 1 triangle on top of the other, flat sides together and sew down the middle. That way, it’ll become a 4-part tree. Sew on some buttons and thread some beads for the garland. I added a string at the top so I can hang this. DD has claimed this though.

Have a blessed Christmas :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...