Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Appreciation (long post)

Remember this?
I made this for myself more than a year ago out of most of the fabric I had at that time. More than 100 unique pieces. I think I have much more than that today. I've been carrying it around for a while and sometimes friends see my bag before they see me, LOL!

Yesterday, we went to Crawford market for lunch. At the next table were two old ladies who were disagreeing with each other about something. I was more interested in the 75 Ah Balling Peanut Soup opposite them. It was only when I sat down with my 5 black sesame ah balling in peanut soup that the nearer lady asked me if I made my bag or I bought it. Proudly, I replied that I made it. They smiled too. I think it reminds them of the older days when pieces of cloth were patched together to make blankets. Sewn by hand, it was made with lots of love. I guess my bag brought back fond memories for them :-)

I don't mind if buyers don't - 
appreciate the fabric selection
appreciate the workmanship
appreciate the price

I don't craft for appreciation but the two ladies yesterday made me so happy.

A note about the price - I've long sold way below the 'Etsy' price. Way below what many local crafters are selling their stuff too. Perhaps it's this low price that turns people away. I don't mind. My items are in no way inferior in material quality nor workmanship. I make because I enjoy. I make when I'm in the mood. I make because I can. I make because I can share with you. I make 'cos I buy in bulk and have so much of everything, LOL!

On another note about appreciation, and sorry, no pics.
Other than the #01-75 Ah Balling Peanut Soup, I would like to recommend the sliced fish soup stall at #01-101. We bought 2 bowls and then another. Even the old lady at the other table also mentioned that that's what she likes :-) Even DS who doesn't like to go shopping with us at Jalan Sultan / Arab Street mentioned that it is OK for us to go if he gets to eat this, LOL!

Have a blessed day!

ps: 
I appreciate you too, the 3 readers of my blog, thanks for dropping by sometimes just to read some random musings of mine.
I appreciate my customers too, if not for them, I wouldn't be able to craft so much. It's a vicious cycle, LOL!
I appreciate the One too, who made all things possible :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...