Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What is a pouch?

The Free Dictionary had this definition for 'pouch'
  1. A small bag often closing with a drawstring and used especially for carrying loose items in one's pocket.
  2. A bag or sack used to carry mail or diplomatic dispatches.
  3. A leather bag or case for carrying powder or small-arms ammunition.
  4. A sealed plastic or foil container used in packaging frozen or dehydrated food.
  5. Something resembling a bag in shape: one's pouches under one's eyes.
  6. Zoology A saclike structure, such as the cheek pockets of the gopher or the external abdominal pocket in which marsupials carry their young.
  7. Anatomy A pocketlike space in the body: the pharyngeal pouch.
  8. Scots A pocket.
  9. Archaic A purse for small coins.
RESERVED
What do you use a pouch for?
  • DS puts his handphone
  • DS also uses one as his pencil case. He prefers the flat zippered type with zip on the side. He has also requested for another using a fighter jet fabric. I'll put this up when it's ready.
  • DD puts her DS along with the earpieces but she's been asking me to make another one which has a separate compartment to put the earpieces
  • DD has a round one for her shuffle with the earpiece coming out from a small slot just where the zip ends. This is one of the few that I sew totally by hand.
  • I put my keys in one that's shaped like a quadrant. It has a key ring attached to a short internal strap that lets me swing the keys out when I need to use them or back in and zipped up when I don't. It also has a D-ring and strap so it's easy to carry when we go out for a bit. I prefer keys to be enclosed so that it doesn't snag on stuff in my bag.
  • I'm currently using a Noah Ark's wristlet with a centre divider that has 3 pockets for cards. Some of the stuff I put inside are: pen, stirrer (DS gave me), about 20 cards, cash, coins, receipts, vouchers etc. I can pack lots inside one wristlet :-)
  • I also use a strap as a keychain.
What do you use it for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...