Friday, December 31, 2010

Do horizontal stripes make me look fat?

This is another take of the reversible tote you saw earlier. Can you tell what the differences are?
Three main ones
  • This has a rectangular base whereas the previous one has darts for a 3D effect.
  • Handles are across the front rather than side to side. You can see that there's a loop round the front. This loop is visible on the side for the previous. I only realised this when I took the previous one out for a test run and was playing with it while waiting for the bus that the handles can be attached differently. Maybe I'll make a third reversible tote to show you what I mean.
  • Strips are horizontal.
It's quite cute that this bag can stand on its own despite the fact that it's not interfaced. Two layers of oxford will achieve this. This is slightly thicker than normal quilting fabric but thinner than canvas. I like it that it's super smooth too.
Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...