Wednesday, December 21, 2016

What have I been up to?

Recently?
Crocheting.
I didn't like crocheting in the past for a few reasons - the holey nature, the stiffness, the ties with amigurumi. Not sure how I got started again but I think it was something to do with DS' blanket. Last year or actually, year before last I started knitting a blanket for DD that took almost 2 kg and 11 months. Huge and heavy blanket that DD put aside because she said it was too heavy. She chose the pattern and the colours. I chose milk cotton yarn. Now that DD has hers, it was time to make DS' and he chose 5 shades of blue. Somehow, when the blue yarn arrived, I wasn't inspired. Perhaps dreading the next 11 months of knitting. (DD's got so big it covered me when I knit it). It was about this time that I chanced upon a yarn kit that had 10 different colours and almost a different colour for each row. This would negate the boredom, I thought. It was also about the time when they released some nice Korean dramas and what best to do is to crochet and watch dramas. I finished marathons and almost completed DS' blanket.

Back in a bit... the delivery guy just arrived with the yarn winder an I can't figure out how it works... LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...